The University of South Africa (Unisa) has opened its Online Application for Prospective Students to apply for this (2023) academic year. The Online Application process has been simply documented below for prospective students to follow to apply Online without rejection from the University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application Authorities.
University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application Instructions
It’s understandable that students from all over the world want to enroll at the University of South Africa (Unisa), one of the best public universities in South Africa. Unfortunately, not everyone is qualified to apply, and if you fall into this category, there are a few things you should be aware of which is, including the Online Application Instruction surrounding the application process. Prospective students can read the Online Application here
Unisa Online Application Dates for Applicants
Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications for the 2023 academic year to re-open for limited qualifications from 22 November to 7 December 2022. Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2023 academic year tore-open for limited qualifications from 22 November to 7 December 2022. Applications for admission to the postgraduate diplomas offered by the Unisa Graduate School of Business Leadership to close on 30 November 2022. Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications for the 2023 academic year have been extended to 31 January 2023 (some exceptions apply). Applications and registrations for Short Learning Programmes open from 14 November 2022 to 28 February 2023
University of South (Unisa) Late Application.
It is not advisable to submit applications or admission requests late. The University of South Africa (Unisa) does not recommend late admission or application because it can result in rejection from the authorities. Unisa does not accept Late Applications, therefore apply on time or reapply on time in the upcoming academic year. PLEASE NOTE OF THIS
Unisa Online Application Requirements.
Knowing the admission requirements of the university you are applying to is important if you are submitting your application online. The University of South Africa (Unisa) is a great example that uses online application requirements. The documents below are the general requirements for University of South Africa (Unisa)
University of South Africa general admission requirements for prospective students.
- Your admission to Unisa as a prospective student depends on you fulfilling all of the relevant admission requirements for your desired qualification. If you don’t meet these criteria, you might want to look into different qualifications. Click here to visit the qualifications page for undergraduate qualifications.
- Unisa qualifications have limited small spaces available. Therefore meeting the general and / specific admission requirements for a qualification does not give green light that you will be given a space for this academic year to study.
- A conduct Certificate and a certified copy of your official academic transcript are needed.
- The SAQA evaluation and the syllabus must be submitted by all international applicants.
Note for Applicants: Unisa Admission Requirements
- A calculation of your individual points score, which is at the centre of the selection process, is made using your final Grade 12 grades as well as other important details like the school you attended.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the needed academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
Unisa Supporting documents for applying
In order to start a new qualification, prospective students must upload all required documentation, which often consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Unisa prospectus for Prospective Students
Unisa online applications. Prospective students can obtain the University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application from links below.
Unisa Online Application Form 2024-2025
Online application forms Unisa. Prospective Students can download the University of South (Unisa) Online Application from and others including the listed below.
- Students’ Disciplinary Code (PDF)
- Guidelines for a student disciplinary hearing
- Unisa rules for students (PDF)
- Policy for Copyright Infringement and Plagiarism (PDF)
- Master’s and doctoral policies, procedures and forms
Unisa Online Application Fee 2023
The fee varies depending on the course or programme chosen at the University of South Africa (Unisa) for both new and continuing students. During the application procedure, an R115,00 online application fee must be transferred to Unisa’s account. You must also ensure that your application cost is non-refundable even if you decide not to pursue a degree at Unisa or are not admitted. Additionally, Unisa forbids the entry of real money into its premises. You must make a deposit into the university’s First National Bank account.
Unisa Payment method and Banking Details
Bank account information and payment method for the University of South Africa (Unisa). The full specifics of the payment method and banking information are available to prospective students by clicking on this link.
How to Apply Unisa Online Application
Every University’s online Application has its way for Applicants to apply to. The process used by the University of South Africa (Unisa) is described below.
- Applicants can apply for admission at Undergraduate qualifications, Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas, Master’s & doctoral qualifications and Short Learning Programmes here.
- Applicants who plan to enroll for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement can apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
Unisa Online Application Status. How to check Unisa application status online.
Knowing where and how to use the University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application Status is important if you’re applying to study there. It provides prospective students with reliable information on whether their admission or application has been accepted or rejected by the authorities in charge of the admissions process.
If you’re a prospective student and are unsure how to check the status of your admission or application, please see the documents below for the necessary steps needed.
- Step 1– Kindly go to https://myadmin.unisa.ac.za/unisa-studentstatus/default.do
- Step 2– You’ll see an interface with a student number in your browser.
- Step 3– Please enter your student number in the space provided.
- Step 4– Please click continue to discover the status of your application or admission.
- Step 5– Good luck and hope your admission was granted
Unisa Online Application for International Student
Welcome to the online application for international students at Unisa. The website mentioned above is eager to assist foreign students who wish to apply to study at one of South Africa’s best universities. University of South Africa (Unisa) is well known for its excellence in teaching.
When can I apply to be an international student?
- Click here for the dates for applying for undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and degrees).
- Click here to view the dates for postgraduate diplomas and honours degrees.
- Click here to view the dates for master’s and doctorate degree applications.
documents required for international student applications
- A Copy of your school qualifications. For a list of acceptable school qualifications for admission per country, visit hhttp://mb.usaf.ac.za/
- A Copy of your tertiary academic qualifications (if applicable)
- A Copy of your passport
- A Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- An Original sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- A M30 form – Application for a Certificate of Conditional Exemption (ONLY for admission to bachelor degree studies) (PDF 33KB) and supporting documents if you are applying for a certificate of exemption
How can I submit an admissions application as an international student?
Every admissions application must be submitted online within the given application time.. Please visit www.unisa.ac.za/apply for more information.
International students’ online application fee
The non-refundable online application fee for all international students is R120,00.
How to pay Application fee as an International Applicants
Payment can be made through a SWIFT transfer (see bank account details below). Please note that any payments other than those made via the Unisa website can take a few days to appear on the Unisa account. Send payment documentation to email@example.com.
Transfers using SWIFT are possible.
- once you have a Unisa student number
- in respect of fees, for example: study fees, examination fees (supplementary, sick or special exam fees), exemption fees and library charges
- provided that the details are filled in as follows:
- Bank: First National Bank
- Beneficiary: Unisa income account
- Account type: Cheque
- Branch code: 250645
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- Account number: 62799625200
- Deposit reference: first eight (8) blocks are for the student number (if the student number consists of only 7 digits, then a “0” must be filled in as the first digit of the student number). Leave one block open, then fill in the following code: 5370810030 for the application fee.
For more information on Unisa, International Students use the contacts below.
Kindly remember to use only your student number in the subject line of your e-mail.
- For enquiries related to undergraduate higher certificates, diplomas and degrees, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For enquiries related to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas. Please use the e-mail address of the college under which your qualification resides:
- College of Accounting Sciences: email@example.com
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Education: email@example.com
- College of Economic and Management Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Human Sciences: email@example.com
- College of Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology: email@example.com
- Graduate School of Business Leadership: SBL@unisa.ac.za
- For enquiries related to master’s and doctoral degrees, please contact the College of Graduate Studies, Postgraduate Administration Division (firstname.lastname@example.org).
University of South Africa (Unisa) Residence Application
Only applicants who have submitted a successful application for admission are permitted to obtain a residence from the University of South Africa Online Application. Therefore if you have submitted your application then you may apply for residence by clicking here.
Very useful links for Prospective Students
For more info visit the school website