Unisa admission requirements
Unisa admission requirements
The documents below are the general requirements for the University of South Africa
Unisa Online Application general Requirements.
Knowing the admission requirements of the university you are applying to is important if you are submitting your application online. The University of South Africa (Unisa) is a great example that uses online application requirements. The documents below are the general requirements for the University of South Africa (Unisa)
University of South Africa general admission requirements for prospective students.
- Your admission to Unisa as a prospective student depends on you fulfilling all of the relevant admission requirements for your desired qualification. If you don’t meet these criteria, you might want to look into different qualifications. Click here to visit the qualifications page for undergraduate qualifications.
- Unisa qualifications have limited small spaces available. Therefore meeting the general and / specific admission requirements for a qualification does not give green light that you will be given a space for this academic year to study.
- A conduct Certificate and a certified copy of your official academic transcript are needed.
- The SAQA evaluation and the syllabus must be submitted by all international applicants.
Note for Applicants: Unisa Admission Requirements
- A calculation of your individual points score, which is at the centre of the selection process, is made using your final Grade 12 grades as well as other important details like the school you attended.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the needed academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
Unisa Supporting documents for applying
In order to start a new qualification, prospective students must upload all required documentation, which often consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Very useful links for Prospective Students
Unisa TVET College
National Benchmark Test (NBT)
Unisa Admission Points Score (APS)
unisa online registration
my unisa registration
apply at unisa
unisa web registration
unisa registration fees
apply online at unisa
For more info visit the school website