nsfas documents needed 2023-2024
nsfas documents needed 2023-2024
In order for your application to be processed, please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form and attach all supporting documents. You must write your identification number on every page of all of your supporting documents in order for your application to be processed. NSFAS will not be able to process applications without an ID number. Applicants must make sure they take note of the application date. The application will be opening in September and closing on 31 January. Late applications will not be considered.
This is a requirement that all applicants must meet.
Before applying, candidates should verify that they match the following minimum entrance standards to avoid being denied by the nsfas board
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
my nsfas documents required
What documents are needed to apply for NSFAS?
- You must provide a copy of your ID.
- To complete registration, you will need a copy of your ID. If you have an ID card, ensure you upload a copy reflecting both sides of your ID card.
- You must have an NSFAS consent form from your parent(s), guardian, or spouse to submit your personal information for validation and verification. Once you accept the applicable terms and conditions, you confirm that you have received consent from all relevant parties.
If you rely on your parents, guardians, or spouse, you must supply the following:
- ID copies of parent(s), guardian, or spouse.
- Proof of income of the parent(s), guardian, or spouse (payslip or appointment letter, where applicable).
- If your parents, the person who supports you, or your legal guardian are retired, provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank statement showing pension payment.
- If you’ve indicated that a dependent in your household is a student, provide proof of registration or acceptance at the TVET college or university for each dependent.
You must offer the following if you are self-sufficient:
- Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter).
- 1 year’s IRP5 form.
If the student is disabled, they must provide the following
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form (if their information is not pre-populated on the online application form).
- You must provide proof of your disability and a quotation for assistive devices as supporting documents with the application form. Funding for assistive devices follows the same approval process as for financial aid.
- If you are successful in your application for financial aid and you have received notice of the final approval amount from NSFAS, you may arrange to purchase your assistive device through the student disability unit at the university or FET college where you are going to study. The university or FET college can purchase the assistive device on your behalf.
Vulnerable students (children under 18 years), must provide:
- A completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form must be completed by a social worker.
Other nsfas online applications required documents
- Retrenchment letter.
- Provide Death certificate/s if either of your parents is deceased.
- Divorce decree.
NSFAS RELATED LINKS
How to apply Nsfas
Nsfas Online application forms
Nsfas application status
nsfas documents needed
Nsfas Online Application Requirements
Nsfas Application Instructions
Nsfas application opening date
For more info visit Nsfas Website