MGI Online application requirements 2024-2025
MGI Online application requirements 2024-2025
Midrand Graduate Institute (MGI) offers online application for their undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The application requirements may vary depending on the program, but in general, the following are the requirements:
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants must have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with an endorsement that meets the minimum requirements for the program. Some programs may have additional requirements, such as specific subjects or a minimum grade point average (GPA). Applicants with qualifications obtained outside South Africa may be required to provide a certificate of equivalence from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee that must be paid when submitting your application. The fee amount may vary depending on the program you are applying for, and it can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or electronic funds transfer.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide certified copies of their academic transcripts, identity document or passport, and any other supporting documents required for their program. These documents can be uploaded during the online application process.
- Academic Points Score (APS): The APS is a calculation of your final Grade 12 results and is used by some universities in South Africa to determine eligibility for admission. MGI uses the APS system to determine eligibility for some of their programs. The APS is calculated by adding the points obtained for your six best subjects, excluding Life Orientation. The points for each subject are allocated as follows: 7 for 80% and above, 6 for 70% to 79%, 5 for 60% to 69%, 4 for 50% to 59%, 3 for 40% to 49%, and 2 for 30% to 39%. The APS requirement for each program may vary, so it is important to check the specific requirements for your desired program on the MGI website.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. This can be done by providing an English language test score such as IELTS or TOEFL, or by completing an English language proficiency assessment offered by MGI.
It is important to note that the application requirements may vary depending on the program, and additional requirements may apply. Applicants should ensure that they read and understand all the information provided by MGI regarding application requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns about the application requirements, you can contact the MGI admissions team for assistance. They will be able to provide guidance on the application requirements and any other queries you may have.
Minimum Admission Requirements
|Minimum Admission Requirements||English||Notes|||
|||NSC: Diploma with||30%|||
|||NC(V): Diploma pass with||40%|||
|||SC: Endorsement -none with||
|||SC(a): Diploma pass||A minimum of 30% in LOLT in NSC/ SC(a) OR with a min. of 33.3% in SC.|||||
A SAQA Evaluation Certificate with NSC L4 equivalence with at least 40% or equivalent for English.
Refer to the International Admissions Spreadsheet.
|||Alternatively, a cognate Higher Certificate (or equivalent) or Advanced Certificate may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to diploma studies.||||||If discipline not cognate, at least 20% of credits must be academic literacy or numeracy related.|
|Senate Discretionary Admissions||Mature Age Exemption||||Candidates must have passed the Senior Certificate or an equivalent exam, be at least 23 years old before or during the first year of registration, have three years of work experience, be able to communicate effectively, and have demonstrated proficiency in the proposed program; OR Prior to or during the first year of registration, candidates must be 45 years old.|||
|||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)||||The IIE may consider an admission application in accordance with the Credit Accumulation and Transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning, and Qualification Completion Policy (IIE010) in cases where candidates do not meet the formal admission requirements for this qualification.|||
|||USAf approved cognate foundation programme||||Admission is open to candidates who have completed a cognate foundation program from a registered and accredited provider that has been approved by the USAf.|||
|||Transfer students||||Admission is open to applicants who have successfully completed at least 120 credits in the first year of a cognate three-year diploma. However, if a student has less than 120 credits, the NSC, equivalent, higher, or advanced certificate admission requirements apply.|||
|||OQSF qualifications||||As long as the OQSF qualification has at least 120 credits at NQF Level 5, candidates with an OQSF Level 5 cognate qualification may be admitted.|
Monash South Africa Online Application
Regenesys Business School Online Application
South African Theological Seminary Online Application
St Augustine College of South Africa Online Application
Stenden University South Africa Online Application
Varsity College Online Application